Reservoir Communications Group is seeking a Director to help lead organizational brand, reputation and advocacy projects for an array of large health care corporations, trade associations and nonprofits.
Successful candidates will be energetic, focused and entrepreneurial, with strong written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to think creatively about complex topics. Previous health care-related corporate communications and agency/consulting experience required. Direct media, digital/social media and/or policy experience, as well as biotech experience, is a plus.
- Develop and lead the day-to-day of multiple corporate communications projects/campaigns with a focus on problem solving, quality delivery, relationship management, and client satisfaction
- Thoughtfully counsel clients based on broad communications landscape and business goals; take immediate action on client feedback
- Demonstrate advanced writing skills and supervise writing of others across a broad range of owned and earned media and content channels
- Create communications plans and goals, and manage against them
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry trends, issues or news involving relevant clients/stakeholders, in order to effectively identify and deliver strong and creative communications recommendations
- Lead budget management and financial planning for client work; support internal financial planning and growth strategy
- Capitalize on, and contribute to, opportunities to grow existing and new client relationships
- Supervise staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable, and conducting their reviews and overseeing their professional development
- Drive client planning and new business development efforts, including preparation of RFPs
Applicants should have approximately 10 years of relevant work experience in public relations and/or related fields and possess:
- Strong project management and judgment skills, including ability to work under deadline, with limited supervision
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience functioning as a daily client lead for integrated communications campaigns/projects that span digital, social and traditional channels
- A demonstrated ability to manage up, delegate and edit the work of others
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate internally and across external partners and clients with a high level of professionalism
- BA/BS degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Real-word experience leading corporate communications campaigns that have advanced business goals
- Track record of successfully managing resources and budgets, as well as helping win new business
- Confidence and experience necessary to manage a team and direct reports
- A solid understanding of the current health care landscape and the relevant issues impacting organizations and businesses active in the health space
About Reservoir Communications Group
Reservoir Communications Group serves our clients by bringing the best people and ideas to bear on our clients’ most significant challenges and opportunities in the areas of advocacy, reputation, and organizational brand. We believe in the power of data to provide strategic insights, as well as to sharpen tactics and create efficiency in the way we communicate.
We believe the key to success is treating each other and our clients with genuine respect and appreciation, and that each opportunity we are given is a chance to do something better than it has ever been done before.
Salary and benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.