Reservoir Communications Group is seeking a Media Relations Managing Associate for our team, driving media relations and day-to-day management of our organizational brand, reputation and advocacy projects for an array of large corporations, trade associations and nonprofits.
Successful candidates will be energetic, focused and entrepreneurial, with strong written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to think creatively about complex topics. Previous healthcare and/or financial communications experience highly preferred. Direct media relations expertise and command of the media landscape required.
- Serve as the media relations lead of projects/campaigns, as well as counsel colleagues of media engagement best practices to advance client service and business development across the business.
- Manage the day-to-day of projects/campaigns with a focus on problem solving, quality delivery, relationship management, and client satisfaction.
- Coordinate and implement events, such as media briefings and media tours.
- Play a role in creation of communications plans and goals, especially around earned, social and paid media; manage against them.
- Serve as a daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively by understanding their business and counseling appropriately, especially related to media engagement.
- Develop high quality client- and public-ready content across a broad range of owned and earned media and content channels.
- Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback.
- Support budget management and financial planning for client work.
- Support planning and new business development efforts, including preparation of RFPs.
Applicants should have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in public relations and/or related fields and possess:
- Ability to leverage expertise of the media landscape to advance clients’ media relations goals.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to work under deadline, attention to detail and being process-oriented.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience functioning as a daily client contact.
- A demonstrated ability to manage up, delegate and edit the work of others.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including active, creative brainstorming in group and team meetings.
- Ability to collaborate internally and across external partners and clients with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and brands without sacrificing the quality of the deliverables.
- BA/BS degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Real-word experience managing and executing media relations for communications and/or public affairs campaigns.
- Solid examples of media placement and understanding of the media landscape.
- Relationships with national and/or DC-based media; a plus if also within the health sector.
- Experience in content development and distribution across media channels (owned, earned, paid).
About Reservoir Communications Group
Reservoir Communications Group serves our clients by bringing the best people and ideas to bear on our clients’ most significant challenges and opportunities in the areas of advocacy, reputation, and organizational brand. We believe in the power of data to provide strategic insights, as well as to sharpen tactics and create efficiency in the way we communicate.
We believe the key to success is treating each other and our clients with genuine respect and appreciation, and that each opportunity we are given is a chance to do something better than it has ever been done before.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.