About Reservoir Communications Group and the Opportunity
Reservoir Communications Group is seeking a Vice President, Business Development to help drive the business development process at the firm, including proactively identifying and helping to advance new opportunities across current and prospective clients; developing and refining Reservoir’s strategy to market our offerings; and helping to scale a coordinated approach to business development.
Reservoir’s collaborative, one-team approach brings the best people and ideas to bear on our clients’ most significant challenges and opportunities in the areas of advocacy, reputation, and business outcomes. We believe in the power of data to provide strategic insights, sharpen tactics and create efficiency in the way we communicate.
Reservoir is a flat organization: we value the insights and contributions of team members at every level within the organization and believe the key to success is treating each other and our clients with genuine respect and appreciation. Maintaining and strengthening company culture is the responsibility of every team member.
At Reservoir, we strive to be the best and recognize that each opportunity we are given is a chance to do something better than it has ever been done before.
Successful candidates will be energetic, focused and entrepreneurial, with exceptional written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to think creatively about complex topics, specifically within the health care space. Previous business development experience on behalf of an agency/consulting firm, foundation, or think tank is required. An ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience leading health care-specific initiatives, including development of large-scale advocacy, branding or corporate communications proposals.
- Coordinate with senior team leads on refining business development plans and strategy across priority areas, including identifying proactive opportunities to support current and prospective clients with the range of Reservoir services.
- Establish business development infrastructure, including customer relationship management (CRM) processes, identifying and responding to relevant RFPs, etc.
- Drive client planning and new business development efforts, including preparation and coordination of RFPs and thought leadership activities.
- Develop, update and coordinate the maintenance of relevant business development materials, including case studies, proposals, metrics across Reservoir’s key offerings.
- Demonstrate advanced writing skills and presentation skills to support client proposals, pitches and other thought leadership opportunities on behalf of the firm.
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry trends, issues or news involving relevant clients/stakeholders, in order to effectively identify and deliver strong and creative communications recommendations.
- Lead budget management and financial planning for client work; support internal financial planning and growth strategy.
- Capitalize on, and contribute to, opportunities to grow existing and new client relationships.
- Support and execute Reservoir’s external thought leadership strategy.
Applicants should have approximately 10 years of relevant work experience in public relations, communications, business development and/or related fields and possess:
- Strong project management and judgment skills, including ability to work under deadline, with limited supervision
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading business development strategies and outreach to current and prospective clients, highlighting integrated communications campaigns/projects that span digital, social and traditional media channels
- Experience with pharmaceutical and/or payer health policy and issues
- A demonstrated ability to manage up, delegate and edit the work of others
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate internally and across external partners and clients with a high level of professionalism
- BA/BS degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Real-world experience leading business development within a public relations, communications, advocacy firm and/or related foundation or think tanks. Candidate should have:
- Track record of successfully managing resources and budgets, as well as helping advance business development strategies
- Confidence and experience necessary to engage with clients and internal team members at all levels
- A solid understanding of the current health care landscape and the relevant issues impacting organizations and businesses active in the health space
Salary and Benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.